Case Study for Lending – Vehicle Finance
SA Taxi prides is a key lending partner to the minibus taxi industry. They are committed to provide leadership in the growth of the industry, and contribute to taxi owners’ financial empowerment. In turn, the taxi owners create jobs for over 400 000 people. These include drivers, rank managers, and other service providers. Xpertek provides the taxi businesses with financial products and services to remain as productive as possible.
Johannesburg-based, Xpertek is a leading provider of lending solutions for the financial services. We have a global footprint across 19 countries. The group’s loan finance product, Acquire, manages R5.8bn worth of loans across its clients. Xpertek owns the loan finance solution’s IP. Xpertek is solely responsible for the development, implementation, and support of the product.
- Improve credit approval times
- Increase governance and
- Optimise decision making in the credit cycle
- A redesign and refine of the deal application process
- Deliver and automate SA Taxi’s new credit application scorecard
- Deliver against tight deadlines
- Automate scorecards designed by teams with a limited knowledge of Xpertek’s systems
- Change management
- “We believe both the relationship and service have grown from strength to strength over time.” Brad Shirras, S A Taxi
- Xpertek are the current vendor and provide the loan management platform and process management solutions to SA Taxi.
We achieved this by:
Working together, the discussion included document changes needed in Xpertek’s workflow section of the loan product and to cater for the new deal application process.
The changes made:
Every manual application received is automatically sent to users based on business rules. Previously, the process relied on the user selecting new applications when they had time.
We made changes to the routing matrix to improve consistency and decision making.
The routing matrix now uses calculations based on previous applications, which provides more reliable decision making tools.
The vehicle matrix manages exposures to ensure clients don’t exceed deal terms.
Validation rules captures and verifies information automatically, before a decision is made.
The system makes a recommendation on the application, which you then accept or reject.
The human manipulation of data is reduced.
Podium and decline letters now automatically email SA Taxi’s clients at the relevant stage in the process. while emails go to the dealer to inform them of the decision.
Users capture a total interest rate, and the system then calculates the differential.
- The new credit process shortened from 45 to 20 minutes.
- The deal application process is simplified and streamlined.
- Reduced subjective decision making
- Improved consistency in data reporting
- Better governance
“The latest development work executed by the Xpertek team on the scorecard is really and truly unbelievable. The team deserves a commendation for a job well done.” Brad Shirras, S A Taxi
Please speak to our consultants today about the needs of your lending business.
Tel: + 27 11 519 3000